Tag: hardware

Turns: -45, +45, -90, +90 degrees

Assembled with the new moving platform! Turn 90 degree

From the Raspberry the moving platform gets an argument 0x5a (90) degrees, then a command to turn right. If the argument is 0x00 command is executing during 100ms then the platform stops.

New ESP32-based platform testing: Angles!

New ESP32-based platform testing: Updates!

New ESP32-based platform testing


  • GY-91 through I2C: gyroscope + accelerometer
  • Serial for external control
  • I2C slave for external control
  • Motors control

Zakhar disassembled

While the robot is changing all the time, after the last update I’ve decided to take some snapshot of its current state and show to the public what’s going on now. Let’s start:

Zakhar consists of three (sometimes four) platforms and a service OLED display. I’m using the last one for debugging, testing, etc.

Prototype of a new moving platform. Work in progress

Planned: ESP32, gyroscope, accelerometer, onboard data processing, variable speed, wireless mode and more! https://github.com/an-dr/zakhar_platform/tree/feature/esp32

Some zakharos_core documentation

Before moving to the reimplementing of moving platform on ESP32 I’ve added some documentation to the zakharos_core repository. Code has a lot of roughness that will be polished later (probably on the next milestone - The Emotions Demo) Documentation is not complete but will be supplemented with time. Probably the illustration, requirements and how to build should be enough to check the implementation out. So PTAL if you are interested!

Reimplemented the Reptile demo with ROS!

Half-milestone. What’s new for now: Brand new moving platform United sensor/face platform Raspberry Pi 4 New ROS-based application architecture Updated face module with stabilized voltage Updated cable system with 8-pin connectors Stable (finally) I2C connection. Thanks to lower frequency (10KHz) and the new connectors.

Out of memory: moving to RPi4

Ok, ROS needs RAM. Just received Raspberry Pi 4 B with 4 GB of RAM and finally I can continue implementation of this structure. Stay tuned!